HYTAC®-LPX – Epoxy Syntactic Foam
Designed for plug assists and pushers in heavy gauge thermoforming applications.
HYTAC-LPX is an epoxy syntactic foam developped for plug assists and pushers in heavy gauge thermoforming applications. HYTAC-LPX can be used with positive or negative tooling to improve material distribution, eliminate webbing, and allow for downgauging.
- Improves the material distribution of your plastic parts.
- Avoid thin spots, webbing and poor part definition.
- No plug or pusher mark-off.
- Energy savings due to reduced heat input.
- Enables you to save material by reducing starting sheet thickness.
- A better process stability because of the high dimension stability of the material.
Available material sizes
Custom cut service
HYTAC®-LPX is available as a standard size block that can be cut to your required dimensions.
Custom Casting Service
HYTAC®-LPX can be casted as an outer layer of a two-part system consisting of a core of epoxy coated large, hollow composite spheres and an exterior of high-performance syntactic foam.